I've recently traveled from the west coast to the east coast, to the midwest and back home on the west coast!! Even the slightest changes in time zones messes with my sleep😴. Can you relate?
My go to sleep aid is almost always Lavender essential oil. Yep, sprayed on my pillow. Rubbed on the bottom of my feet. Natural way to dreamland.
But did you know?🤔.....
Extracted directly from plants, essential oils have been found in medicine, food, cosmetics, and perfumes for centuries. Their myriad health benefits and anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties are making them increasingly popular aromatherapy remedies for better cognitive function, stress relief, enhanced memory, and improved mood, as well as pain relief from stiff or sore joints and muscles. Some essential oils can be applied topically while others are best when taken orally. However, because they are a concentrated source of phytochemicals, they should be used with caution and as directed.
And there is more.....
While I ❤️❤️❤️ #doterra Serenity, there are a few other essential oils for promoting better sleep.
Arborvitae Essential Oil
Arborvitae means “Tree of Life,” so you can just imagine the benefits. This essential oil has a high content of tropolones, which have strong purifying properties and help promote healthy cell function while protecting you from environmental toxins. This oil can be diffused or applied topically; just be sure to dilute it first (I use coconut oil. Almond and Jojoba are good as well). The primary benefits of arborvitae essential oil include:
- Provides protection from seasonal and environmental threats.
- Promotes healthy cell function.
- Serves as a powerful purifying and cleansing agent.
- Can be used as a natural wood preservative and insect repellent.
- Promotes mental health and control issues.
- Promotes youthful and healthy skin.
Basil Essential Oil
Basil leaves, stems, and flowers have been used for centuries in cuisines and recipes; basil essential oil is just as widely used for its strong healing properties. The oil contains compounds that make it even more beneficial than its dried or fresh leaves. The primary benefits of basil essential oil include:
- Helps to soothe sore muscles and joints.
- Helps promote clear breathing.
- Acts as a cooling agent to soothe irritated skin.
- Improves digestion.
- Soothes the nerves and calms the heart to help reduce feelings of anxiety.
Cardamom Essential Oil
Cardamom is a member of the ginger family; distilling steam produced by the seeds after they have been dried in an extensive, three-month process makes the essential oil. It offers a range of health benefits related to the digestive and respiratory systems and is safe for use on children. This oil can be diffused or added to bath salts. The primary benefits of cardamom essential oil include:
- Relieves spasms.
- Prevents microbial infections.
- Helps maintain gastrointestinal balance while easing digestion.
- Improves respiratory health by promoting clear breathing.
- Uplifts mood while calming stomach issues.
- Promote calm emotions to help cope with frustration or rage.
A good, restful night’s sleep is so important! I use at least one of these every night to make sure my body and mind get the rest they need.
And before you nod off, please click here for your FREE consultation. With one eye still open, subscribe with your email to receive future health info and program updates only sent through email + a free gift.